This blog is meant for biblical and theological reflections on the worldview and practical aspects in the Pentecostal/Charismatic and the larger Evangelical Christianity in Malaysia.
Tuesday, 24 April 2012
You are NOT what you think you are
Very interestingly, today we had a simple test before the lecture even began. I realized how poor my knowledge of the history of the local Assemblies of God movement were. I also found myself being not fully identified or perhaps aligned to the AG basic 16 articles of faith statement. Hmm.....something to be really considered and clarified. Suddenly this one-liner quoted by D.A Carson from his colleague in Trinity becomes so real: "You are not what you think you are...but what you think makes who you are." Sound confusing? Think again :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi Terry, agree with you. The test made me realised how unequipped and uninformed I am of the pentecostal movement - both in Malaysia and abroad. Shame on me for claiming to be a pentecostal Christian when I don't really know anything about it.
ReplyDeleteBy now when it is nearing the finishing line of the trimester, I am more aware of what the early pentecostal Christians had to go through so that we would inherit a rich heritance today. Let's continue to journey through the race of faith the early fathers have begin. :)